• Tonight on New Abolitionists Radio we will be joined by our Guest Heather Chapman from FL.
Heathers son Nikko was arrested at 19 and placed into solitary confinement during his 10 year plea bargained mandatory sentence. He eventually became catatonic for a time. He’s responsive now but barely holding onto life. His mother is not receiving any updates and is not allowed to see him. It’s a personal face on a personal story of what so many Americans face daily. We are not just a list of percentages. These are people with lives worthy of respect and dignity. We’ll hear heathers story tonight.
• Attica Prison Guards Plead Guilty To Misconduct After Beating Inmate. The ending of this story will not shock you. It should but it won’t.
• The Ferguson Justice report has been leaked and shows at least 7 clear ways Ferguson police violated the Constitution. We can name two more. Slavery and human trafficking.
• A Video surfaces of a Fla. deputy dragging a mentally ill inmate through courthouse by shackles on her legs. She begs not to be beaten “again”. You have to hear this.
• In a stunning move by a US newspaper The New York Times is calling for the investigation and indictment of the Bush Administration for war crimes. We’ll tell you how this can affect the abolitionist’s movement.
Our Abolitionist in Profile will be Emma J. Atkinson of Chicago, (circa 1847)
This week’s Rider Of The 21st Century Underground Railroad is Ray Krone who was released from prison and on April 24th 2008 after 10 years of wrongful incarceration for murder, kidnapping, and sexual assault.
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
You can find archived podcasts at newabolitionistsradio.blogspot.com
We invite you to join the conversation by calling us at
1-530-881-1400 Access code 549032#
press *6 & 1 to que up from the conference line (704-951-5030)