Tune in for two hours of news, information and commentary related to 21st Century Slavery & Human Trafficking.
January 13th 2015. Our stories include;
• Canada has rejected the application of Kyle Lydell Canty who applied for refugee status on the grounds he was facing police racism and brutality in the United States. How is this important to the abolitionist movement? We’ll discuss it.
• The Governor of Maine recently showed his true colors by a demeaning and racist statement he made which was caught on video. You’ve to hear this and we’re here to share it tonight so you can.
• You might not have heard it so we’re here to remind you that last December a former New York City narcotics detective, Stephen Anderson, testified in court that the NYPD routinely plants drugs on innocent people. He described this as a “common practice,” a “quick and easy” way for officers to reach arrest quotas. The practice is known among NYPD cops as “flaking.”
• You can’t hide from the truth and you can’t avoid the facts. We’ve got them here now in bold letters like truth should be. THE ULTIMATE WHITE PRIVILEGE STATISTICS & DATA POST by J.B.W. Tucker
• With all the hoopla and white privilege being flung around while claiming to be the white male Rosa Parks, we’re just going to go ahead and drop the knowledge and the truth. Oregon Is #Ferguson
• This week’s Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is A man who spent nearly a decade in prison for murder and as of Septemeber 2015 tasted freedom for the first time in nine years. Bobby Johnson, 25, had his conviction set aside and he was released into freedom. Johnson was sentenced to 38 years in prison for the 2006 murder of 70-year-old Herbert “Pete” Fields.
• Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is Rev. Samuel Ringgold Ward (1817 – 1866) A Black abolitionist and minister.