Tune in for two hours of news, information and commentary on legalized 21st Century Slavery & Human Trafficking.
Today is March 30th 2016
• From the Washington Post. The feds have resumed a controversial program that lets cops take stuff and keep it. The Justice Department has announced that it is resuming a controversial practice that allows local police departments to funnel a large portion of assets seized from citizens into their own coffers under federal law. We’ll get into it shortly.
• NY city raked in a whopping $1.9 billion in fines and fees last year — a 13.3% jump over the last four years, a report released Thursday found. We’ll break down the stats and show you how police quotas combined with racist policing for profit schemes in the big apple amount to legal extortion. At least.
• From the Atlantic.com we found “The Rise of 1,000 Small Jails” New analysis shows that the growth in the jail population is happening in unexpected places. An article that explains how growth in the jail population is not driven by the largest counties; it has taken root in a thousand very small ones across the United States.
• The recent article by researchers from the Human Trafficking Center reads: Constitutional Loophole Allows Forced Labor in the U.S. Inside they attest to everything we’ve been telling the world for the past 5 years here on New Abolitionists Radio. After lobbying such groups for years we consider this a major breakthrough.
• In This week’s Rider Of The 21st Century Underground Railroad segment we remember the tragedy of Omar Pouncy. A 28-year-old Flint man who acted as his own attorney at trial, who was wrongfully convicted of carjacking, armed robbery and weapons charges, was released from prison this past Monday.
• Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is Laura Smith Haviland December 1808 – April 1898
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
We invite you to join the conversation by calling us at 1-641-715-3660 ext. 549032#, Press *6 & 1 to que up from the conference line
New Abolitionists Radio on Black Talk Radio is made possible in part by donations to the Black Talk Media Project, a NC based media non-profit.
If you want truth and facts vs lies and fiction, support independent media.http://tinyurl.com/fundblackmedia