Today is April 6th 2016. National Poetry Month
Exactly 45 years and two days to the day after MLK was shot and killed by James Earl Ray or so they say. He said that in the end we would remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends. That thing on which our continued oppression depends.
• So let’s start from the top. What’s a good cop? The NYPD 12 must be among the best and today we’ll share their story via the News4 I-team who produced the program titled: More NYPD Officers Say There’s Proof of Quota-Driven Arrests.
At one point you can hear them clearly say “We are the predators and you are the prey.” When Commissioner Bill Bratton was asked his opinion of these explosive facts he was quoted as saying “Bullshit! Is my response to that.”
• Our next story sounds like it may be about communist China but it’s actually about South Carolina where the 6th amendment is a non-existent right. Legal director of the CR crew SC ACLU Susan Dunn was about done when she said this one about the SC citizen’s plight:
“When you go to a summary court in South Carolina, you find yourself in a judicial netherworld, where the police officer who made the arrest acts as the prosecutor, the judge may not have a law degree, and there are no lawyers in sight,”
• Next on our list of reports for tonight is courtesy of TruthDig and this one is big. On our abolitionist wish list this is major and we #SALUTE your resolution and bravery. Starting Sept. 9, prisoners nationwide will begin a coordinated work strike to protest prison slave labor and modern day slavery.
• That should be enough but there’s more to tell still.
Like how Walters Scotts family will be receiving 6.5 mil.
• And how a Maryland judge who is white has been banned from the bench for life over the violence of ordering a Bailiff to stun a black man for speaking when specifically told to be silent.
• And the story of another black body on the Aiken, SC streets told by overseer creeps to get against the car and spread his cheeks while they violated his rights in the ultimate disrespect to him, it is racist hate manifest as state sanctioned rape when you’re performing a roadside search of a black man’s rectum.
• We don’t write them we just select them. There is always more than enough insanity handy. Like a New Orleans man who is facing life in prison right now for stealing $31 worth of candy.
• Speaking of insane, it’s a national shame and that much is clear when you award the most proxy racist self-hating black cop in America “Law Enforcement Leader of the Year.”
• Then, Just like Crispus Attucks was the first casualty effectively during the Boston Massacre on March 5, 1770 at the start of the civil war, so was a homeless schizophrenic named Lester Wallace the first to fall only 9 hours after 3 strikes law was passed on March 8th 1994. The Clintons 1st victims as Wackenhut Correction drones. Story courtesy of Matt Taibbi’s article in the recent Rolling Stone.
• In This week’s Rider Of The 21st Century Underground Railroad segment we salute Brooklyn’s Andre Hatchett who regained his life at 49. He maintained his innocence and would not quit. March 2016 He was exonerated after serving 25 torturous years in prison for a murder he did not commit.
• Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is the little known black abolitionist John S. Jacobs, 1815-1875 Author of the serial narrative entitled: A True Tale of Slavery. From The Leisure Hour: A Family Journal of Instruction and Recreation, February 7, 14, 21, 28, 1861. We’ll honor and remember him by reading a selection of his work.
New Abolitionists Radio on Black Talk Radio is made possible in part by donations to the Black Talk Media Project, a NC based media non-profit. Make a financial contribution today!
If you want truth and facts vs lies and fiction, support independent media.http://tinyurl.com/fundblackmedia