This video features the Alesis MultiMix4 USB mixer. Using adapters and a few cables you can configure it to work with your laptop or desktop Windows OS audio cards to bring in audio from a VOIP phone system like Skype or using web-based flash phones for conference lines like freeconferencecallHD. This set up should work with any USB mixer.
Radio Station Equipment
1. Computer with plenty of ram and processing speed. For an example, computers made for internet game play like Call Of Duty & other popular X box games that can be played on a desktop or lap top. I am about to purchase this refurbished model for less than $300. Refurbished HP 8200 Desktop PC with Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB Memory, 2TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Pro (Monitor Not Included.
2. A fast internet connection, preferably your computer would be hard wired even if it has wifi capabilities. Your upload speed should be at least 4mbps. You can check your speed at http://www.speedtest.net/
4. You need dynamic cardioid microphones that pick up only the sound in front of them. This important if more than one person is in the studio taking part in the program. Audio-Technica AT2005USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
5. You need a ¼ inch pair of headsets. If you have more than one mic you need more headsets. Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Closed-back Monitor Headphones.
6. If you plan to use more than one headset you will need an adapter to accomadate them because there is only one port on the mixer for headsets. Behringer Microamp Ha400 Ultra-Compact 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier.
If thistutorial is helpful please make a donation to my non-profit new media organization Black Talk Media Project via PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PAWLUX4ZGGK98
Check or money orders made out to Black Talk Media Project, PO Box 65, Mount Holly, NC 28120.
We also provide digital radio streams and you can manage your own digital radio station.