Thursday, August 18th 8:00PM Eastern / 5:00PM Pacific The Katherine Massey Book Club hosts the 14th and final study session on Catherine Pelonero’s 2017 publication,…
June 10, 2015
• Tonight on New Abolitionists Radio:
Albert Woodfox, Kalief Browder, Alecia Thomas, Walter Scott- names you should know, and we’ll tell you why.
• We’ll discuss a report from RT News that suggests judges are taking “bribes” from private prison companies.
•Ferguson gets a new Police Chief, and we take a look at a Washington Post report from Radley Balko, author of The Rise Of The Warrior Cop, which will help us understand just what kind of changes he will have to make for Ferguson to break away from the criminal racial profiling/policing for profit extortion that is going on throughout the surrounding cities there in Missouri.
• arco Rubio, the US Senator from the state of Florida and current presidential candidate is on the private prison profiteers payroll. We’ll tell you how.
• In our Ferguson is America series- tonight we show you that Delaware is Ferguson.
• This week’s Riders of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is Kia Stewart, 27, exonerated April 13, 2015. After spending nearly 10 years of a life sentence behind bars for the killing of Bryant “B.J.” Craig Jr., Kia Stewart, was able to walk out of the Orleans Parish Criminal Courthouse a free man.
• Our Abolitionist in profile is William Henry Johnson 1833 – 1918. A Black Abolitionist, politician and crusader for the rights of Blacks.
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
You can find archived podcasts at newabolitionistsradio.blogspot.com
We invite you to join the conversation by calling us at
1-530-881-1400 Access code 549032#
press *6 & 1 to que up from the conference line