8 PM EST - “The last four or five hundred years of European contact with Africa produced a body of literature that presented Africa in a very bad light and Africans in very lurid terms. The reason for this had to do with the need to justify the slave trade and slavery.” - Chinua Achebe
In this week’s news:
- Chicago rallies against police terrorism in solidarity with national campaign
- There Are 870,000 Slaves in Modern-Day America
- 19-year-old dies naked on cell floor of gangrene; lawsuits target deaths in Madison County jail
- Former Kentucky prison guard avoids jail for 25 counts of sexually abusing women inmates
- Ferguson Police Union Exposed Mafia Boss Jeff Roorda
Our state constitution in profile is Rhode Island and our abolitionist in profile is John Mercer Langston.
New Abolitionists Radio seeks to educate listeners to the glaring fact that slavery was never abolished and is still practiced by the state and federal governments constituting the United States of America. The main purpose of this program to agitate for an end to 21st Century Slavery and Human Trafficking. The radio program is an extension of the group Move To Abolish 21st Century Slavery.