If you are awarded a grammy, you are considered to be the best artist among your peers. The problem is, the Grammys is a white-dominated organization and while it has long "included" non-white people, specifically Black people in the music business, the industry continues to support, promote and reward music that is harmful to black people in general and black women and girls specifically.
New Abolitionists Radio seeks to educate the public and agitate for an end to 21st Century Slavery and Human Trafficking in the USA & Globally. It is an extension of the group Move To Abolish 21st Century Slavery
Tonight will be the last broadcast of 2014 and we will take a look at some of the biggest stories of the year. You can join us and just listen or give us a call and tell us about your year in abolitionism.
- California Attorney General Says Her Office’s Defense Of Prison Labor ‘Evokes Chain Gangs’
- Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr gets in a social media debate over slavery with New Abolitionists
- Are divisions being exposed among the ranks of law enforcement?
- We know that rape is rampant in men’s prisons but rapes of female inmates have flown under the radar
- State’s prison industry system puts profits before prisoners
- Florida appoints new state prison chief in wake of hundreds of inmate deaths and murders