By Scotty T Reid In the annals of history, the oppressed have often been labeled as “human monsters” by the establishment and ruling classes. This…
April 22, 2015
The FBI has admitted that the validity of flawed forensic hair matches were highly exaggerated by court experts going as far back as 2000 and leading to at least 32 men on death row as a result.
• Speaking of death row, Supreme Court justice Scalia says Executing the innocent does not violate the constitution. Yes. He actually said that.
• Walter Scott ran because he refused to go to prison over child support arrears. I would too for the same reasons. Child support has become a racket as seen in stories endured by people like Cliff Hall and Carnell Alexander. Let’s discuss it.
• On the topic of disgusting… Banking giant JPMorgan Chase is the exclusive release-card vendor in federal prisons. At state and local facilities these cards are provided by a handful of smaller vendors such as JPay. A company that charges exorbitant fees which can eat up half of the money in prisoners accounts. It’s bad enough they exploit the inmates at pennies on the dollar for skilled labor, they also rob the families for every penny they can get.
• In our ongoing state by state investigation to expose #Ferguson like exploitation we’re zeroing in on a state which may be one of the worst offenders of all. California. Tonight we show you that California is Ferguson.
• This week’s Riders of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is Michael Hanline. 1st of the “california 12” to be released After 36 Years Wrongful Imprisonment. We’ll listen to his story together
• Our Abolitionist in Profile is activist, journalist and educator Mary Ann Shadd Cary (1823-1893)
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
You can find archived podcasts at newabolitionistsradio.blogspot.com
We invite you to join the conversation by calling us at
1-530-881-1400 Access code 549032#
press *6 & 1 to que up from the conference line