Guest Pastor Leon Benjamin. This podcast is designed to invite conversations around the Christian faith. Pastor Ellis rightly divides the word to reach and teach…
September 2nd 2015:
• The Black Lives Matter movement is facing a string of concentrated ad hominem attacks. We’ll question why this is so from an historical and abolitionists perspective and offer our opinions.
• Brooklyn’s own freedom fighter Brooklyn DA Ken Thompson is at it again. The Brooklyn district attorney’s office has found a smoking-gun email that blows up a senior prosecutor’s sworn claim that for years she couldn’t find a key piece of evidence in a murder conviction that was being appealed. Because that Ruddy Quezada, who has served more than 23 years in prison may gain his freedom.
• Jamycheal Mitchell, arrested by police in Portsmouth, Virginia, has been found dead in jail after spending almost four months behind bars without bail for stealing groceries worth $5. We’ll talk about the details.
• In a new article Ring Of Fire Radio said: “For the tycoons who have invested in the prison industry, it has been like finding a pot of gold. They don’t have to worry about strikes or paying unemployment insurance, vacations or comp time. All of their workers are full-time, and never arrive late or are absent because of family problems; moreover, if they don’t like the pay of 25 cents an hour and refuse to work, they are locked up in isolation cells.” The new abolitionists will expand on this phenomenon of prison slave labor.
• As of late we’ve seen right wing racist media parade out their champion slavecatcher Sheriff David A. Clarke, Jr of Milwaukee, Wisconsin as an “expert” and a mouthpiece for white supremacy. We’ve had to do this before and we’ll do it again. Let’s talk about Sheriff “black lies matter” and his city of Milwaukee.
• As you know every week we do our research on a state and it’s connection to the Prisons (private and federal), DOC budgets, Parole, Probation, Juvenile detention, Population by race, and State Rates of Incarceration By Race and Ethnicity. We call it the America is #Ferguson Series. Tonight on New Abolitionists Radio we expose the truth behind the state of Wisconsin. What they are doing, who they are doing it to and why.
You will not believe your eyes or ears.
Wisconsin is #Ferguson
• This week’s Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is Jeff Mizanskey of Jefferson City, MO. After 21 years behind bars for a marijuana-related crime, Jeff became a free man Tuesday.
• Our Abolitionist in profile is Osborne Perry Anderson (1830–1871).
An African-American abolitionist and the only surviving African-American member of John Brown’s raid on Harper’s Ferry,
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
New Abolitionists Radio seeks to educate listeners to the glaring fact that slavery was never abolished and is still practiced by the state and federal governments constituting the United States of America along with multi-national corporations.