If you are awarded a grammy, you are considered to be the best artist among your peers. The problem is, the Grammys is a white-dominated organization and while it has long "included" non-white people, specifically Black people in the music business, the industry continues to support, promote and reward music that is harmful to black people in general and black women and girls specifically.
Tune in for two hours of news, information and commentary on 21st Century Slavery & Human Trafficking.
November 11th 2015:
Today is Veterans Day and in case you didn’t know it, veterans make up 3/4s of a million people in our for-profit prisons today. Nothing says thank you for your service like being baked to death” inside a sweltering jail cell on Rikers Island as was the case with homeless veteran Jerome Murdough whose only crime was trying to stay warm outdoors on a cold night. The truth is millions of Americans are not enjoying the freedoms they gave their lives to gain. No one is safe from slavery. Not even our veterans.
• How bad is the problem of mass incarceration for military veterans? Let me read you a quote:
“A conference, sponsored by the Justice for Vets division of the National Association of Drug Court Professionals, focuses on veterans involved in the criminal justice system as a result of substance abuse and mental health problems. There are some grim statistics behind this issue: One in six returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan suffers from a substance abuse disorder; since 2004, the number of veterans treated for mental illness and substance abuse has increased 38 percent, and 81 percent of arrested veterans had a substance abuse problem.”
“VA Secretary Eric Shinseki, in his keynote speech at the conference Monday, said that homelessness also stands out as another key factor for incarceration. He said, “nearly 58,000 [veterans] are estimated to be homeless on any given night. I am told that incarceration is the No. 1 predictor of homelessness.”
From our story tonight -VA AND DEFENSE CHIEFS CONFRONT REALITY OF 700,000 INCARCERATED VETERANS
• In a research article by Scotty Reid we discovered that US taxpayers are spending an estimated $15,653,500,000.00 dollars per year to incarcerate veterans over non-violent drug offenses.
• The GEO Group and CCA, two of America’s top private prison enslavers had their quarterly earnings report and as usual Yohanan will give us the breakdown from the transcripts. If you want prophesies of prisons these are the men and women who will tell you where things are going. Straight from the enslavers mouths.
• In our America is Ferguson Series we examine the state of New Hampshire today.
• This week’s Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is Alfred Dewayne Brown, who spent 10 long years in a texas prison for a murder he did not commit and Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is the first African American diplomat Ebenezer D. Bassett, (1833-1908)
If you want truth and facts vs lies and fiction, support independent media.http://tinyurl.com/fundblackmedia