BTR News w/ Scotty Reid welcomes author, social media creator, and self-care advocate M.J. Fievre about her recent book series "Badass Black Girl".
Tune in for two hours of news, information and commentary on 21st Century Slavery and Human Trafficking.
Today on New Abolitionists Radio we’ll play a clip from MSNBC where our comrade and fellow new abolitionist Muhiyyidin D’baha takes on CEO & President of the National Urban League Marc Morial face to face in a must hear confrontation about modern day slavery and the complicity of the black political establishment in mass incarceration.
• In another clip Attorney General Loretta Lynch threatens a lawsuit in Federal District Court against the city of Ferguson, Missouri alleging a pattern and practice of law enforcement conduct that violates the First, the Fourth and the Fourteenth amendments of the Constitution and Federal Civil Rights Laws. No mentions of the obvious 6th or 8th Amendment violation were made.
• Meanwhile not too far away in Oklahoma a newly released report by the Vera Institute of Justice clearly shows how the stacking of fees, fines and bail amounts have turned the Oklahoma County jail into an overcrowded debtors’ prison. Another series of constitutional violations in play.
• Two state lawmakers want to make resisting arrest a felony. They believe it would lower the chance of it happening. But opponents say resisting arrest charges are already dropping—and that the charge is already widely misused.
• Acting as deadly tax collectors and enforcers for corporate interests Seven U.S. Marshals armed with automatic weapons arrested a black Texas man for not paying a $1,500 student loan from three decades ago.
• Caught in a heartbreaking video Large US Manufacturer The Carrier Air Conditioner Company recently gathered all their employees together to inform them that the entire plant was being moved to Mexico. If time allows us to comment on the story we’ll explain what this has to do with modern day slavery. Everything.
This week’s Rider Of The 21st Century Underground Railroad is Daniel Villegas, the Hispanic man who was imprisoned after confessing to a brutal crime that he didn’t commit. Bullied him by police into making a confession. Villegas was only 16 years old at the time and became one of the Clinton’s many wrongly accused “Super Predator” examples. It cost him 20 years of his life.
• Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is Reason, Charles Lewis (1818-1893) A political activist and abolitionist, Reason played a prominent role in the Negro Convention Movement in New York
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
Join Max Parthas live in Hot Springs, NC this month.
If you want truth and facts vs lies and fiction, support independent media.http://tinyurl.com/fundblackmedia