Guest Pastor Leon Benjamin. This podcast is designed to invite conversations around the Christian faith. Pastor Ellis rightly divides the word to reach and teach…
Tonight’s guest is Sidney Rivers. A neighbor and young brother who helped our family move here after losing our former residence in the South Carolina thousand year flood of 2015. Sidney recently went through an ordeal that really encapsulates everything wrong with our system of justice for sale. Tonight we’ll tell his story and expose systemic corruption in South Carolina..
• A follow up story on the slave rebellion in Alabama’s Holman prison which resulting in several stabbing including the warden has unearthed an issue that needs to be addressed. The habit of hiring personnel to work as prison guards and police over a population that they hate and want dead. A prison guard’s found diary unveils the type of intense animosity inmates at Holman prison deal with in Alabama every day from correctional officers like H. (Howie) Coates.
• And so the truth has emerged in 2016 and shocked the nation. Dan Baum, writing in support of drug legalization at Harper’s, has unleashed a frank 1994 quote from former Nixon policy advisor John Ehrlichman where he admits he invented the War On Drugs to suppress ‘Anti-War Left and incarcerate the Black population’. We told you so is an understatement.
• The story of an entire states prison system (Mississippi) being completely corrupted under the management of disgraced and caught commissioner Christopher Epps unveils further ties to private prisons and local business. It is too dirty for words but we’ll try and give you the information as best we can about a state that should have the National Guard called out to protect the people from enslavement and slavers.
• Some friends of our in Minnesota representing the Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee interrupted a House hearing on reopening Prairie Correctional Facility. A private prison. Highlighting strong opposition from some legislators and community members who say the state shouldn’t be doing business with Corrections Corporation of America, the prison’s controversial owner. We’ll let you know how it turned out so far. S/O to Stefanie Megan Brown
• Bounty Hunters. Only two nations in the world allow them to exist in their borders. Every other country sees them as slave catchers. Immoral, unethical and illegal. But here in the US it is a multi-billion dollar industry and with abolitionists at work winning battles and opening minds the entire industry is afraid they will go extinct. We’ll talk about it tonight.
• An investigation by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review revealed that federal prosecutors declined to bring charges against police in 96 percent of civil rights violation claims. Refusing to pursue or investigate all but a mere 26 cases nationwide each year.
• Time is tight tonight but we really want to bring you important information on US jails that has recently come out. One way or another we’ll share it with you because you certainly need to know.
• In This week’s Rider Of The 21st Century Underground Railroad segment we remember the tragedy of Darryl Hunt. Founder of the Darryl Hunt Project for Freedom and Justice to help exonerate wrongfully convicted individuals. Darryl began the organization after being wrongly incarcerated for nearly 20 years and eventually exonerated. Last weekend, the 51-year-old advocate was found dead in a friend’s locked pick-up truck with a gun in what police have called a suicide.
• Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is Julia Ward Howe
Abolitionist, Poet, Civil Rights Activist, Women’s Rights Activist and Songwriter (1819–1910)
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
We invite you to join the conversation by calling us at 1-641-715-3660 ext. 549032#, Press *6 & 1 to que up from the conference line
This is program is brought to you via the Black Talk Radio Network by the Black Talk Media Project, a N.C. based non-profit new media education organization.
If you want truth and facts vs lies and fiction, support independent media.http://tinyurl.com/fundblackmedia