On this episode a good friend of the show Smoking Damages stops by to discuss some current events from an attempted counter racists perspective. We…
Tonight on New Abolitionists Radio we’ll discuss the National Week of Action Against Incarcerating Youth organized by savethekidsgroup.org with guests David Micheal and Ahmad Washington.
We’ll cover the reasons, motives, statistics and tribulations all involved with incarcerating children for profit.
Please view the video below for more information on the exploitation of children by for profit prisons.
The Cost Of Living
With hosts Max Parthas, John M Coolidge Jr. & Reid Scotty
• On tonight’s broadcast we welcome our guest David Michael Chief Executive Officer at Change The World and todays spokesperson for Save the Kids Group.org during the 4th annual National Week Against incarcerating the youth. We’ll discuss the movement and the problem of youth incarceration as a whole. The who, what, where, why and how of it all.
• We’ll give you an up to date report on the Alabama prison strikes and the upcoming September 9th national prison strike. This movement is already causing major repercussions. If you are listening now and you have news on those movements call in tonight after the interview. Brother KINETIK JUSTICE conducted an interview on Democracy Now while in solitary confinement for organizing prison labor strikes. The nuances of the entire presentation are mind blowing.
• BRYAN STEVENSON of Alabama is the Founder of the Equal Justice Initiative and recently received an endowment of a million dollars from Google. His work as an abolitionist and human rights activist is stellar. But when asked directly in a public interview if he thought this was slavery he avoided the answer and codified his language. I was sorely disappointed. Such codification leads to marginalization and does not help us end slavery. We’ll let you hear the interview and make your own decisions.
• A tale of two jails and two young deaths. That’s what we have to share tonight. We want to go over some of the problems we create when we decide who is worthy of life and who gets ignored and left to die without any attempts at justice.
• Our Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is Malcolm Bryant who was recently released from prison after DNA evidence cleared him of a 1998 murder conviction.” He was serving life in person for a murder he did not commit.
• Our abolitionist in profile is John Mercer Langston (1829-1897). Abolitionist, politician, and attorney.
• If you have war stories from the field we want you to call in and give us all updates. Especially regarding the upcoming national prison labor strike on September 9th and the current Alabama prison labor strikes. We want to hear about any divestment efforts also. So call us at 1-641-715-3660. The access code is 549032#
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio