On Air! Call in to speak with the host (646) 929-0130
Today is the January 4th 2017 broadcast of New Abolitionists Radio. Our 1st broadcast of the year. During 2016 we kicked ass, took names and agitated like Fredrick Douglass and Amiri Baraka told us to do. The results were a year full of victories from all areas. We know like you know that thanks to an army of new abolitionists all over the country constantly confronting, teaching, exposing, organizing, and building, for the 1st time in 150 years Legalized SLAVERY and its agents have had to fight back. And in case you hadn’t heard thanks to your support and massive growth… BTRN is entering 2017 as the largest black podcast and radio station in the world. Now let’s get the rundown.
Tonight we will have our first guest of the year. George Mallinckrodt, prison plantation whistleblower who wrote the book on his experience in “Getting Away With Murder: A True Story“.
The book is a true crime story that discusses the circumstances around the killing of Darren Rainey who was horrifically killed at the Dade Correctional Institution in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida, on June 23, 2012. The prison is in proximity to Florida City, and is south of Homestead.
In the News….
• In a big win for freedoms sake Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin declared that “Drug War Has Failed” And he Plans To Pardon Thousands Of People Convicted For Pot.
• In a system that screams UNCONSTITUTIONAL, a County in Minnesota has come under fire for its practice of making all arrestees pay a booking fee at the time of their arrest, regardless of whether they are charged or convicted of a crime. It is a case that is going all the way to the Supreme Court. Thanks to one of our listeners and fellow abolitionists we found out WHY they are doing this deed.
• California Prison Industry Authority (CALPIA) is blaming it’s over 7,000 prisoners employed for pennies an hour for injuries they receive on the job in prison. This is a rats nest of illegal and unconstitutional acts by the state and federal government. We hope to help uncover it further here today.
• A Rolesville, North Carolina School Cop brutally body slams a teen high school girl. We’ve seen this too often now and it has to stop.
• A squad of Durham, North Carolina. Police illegally enter a family’s home over “an alleged weed smell” and then proceed to violate every right they have and brutalize the family. We’ve got the video.
• Our Rider Of The 21st Century Underground Railroad is Daniel Larsen who was convicted of possession of a concealed weapon after two police officers testified they saw him toss a knife under a nearby car in the parking lot of a bar. Unfortunately, Danny’s now-disbarred trial attorney failed to discover as many as nine percipient witnesses, including a former Chief of Police from North Carolina, who saw another man, not Danny, toss the knife. Danny’s trial attorney did not call a single witness, and as a result, Danny was convicted and sentenced to 27 years-to-life in prison pursuant to California’s Three Strikes Law (Danny had prior convictions that occurred nearly a decade earlier).
• Our Abolitionist in profile this week will be provided by Scotty Reid.