Welcome to BTR NEWS w/ Scotty Reid as I broadcast from behind the enemy lines of Corporate USA. We have a guest joining us tonight…
New Abolitionists Radio seeks to educate listeners to the glaring fact that slavery was never abolished and is still practiced by the state and federal governments constituting the United States of America along with multi-national corporations. The main purpose of this program to agitate for an end to 21st Century Slavery and Human Trafficking by any means necessary.
Today is the April 12th broadcast of New Abolitionists Radio.
15 weeks into the insanity called a trump administration and on the brink of a world war that could erupt at any moment.
On this day in 1861 the America Civil War began when General P.G.T. Beauregard open fire on Union-held Fort Sumter in South Carolina’s Charleston Bay. Two days later, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln issued a proclamation calling for 75,000 volunteer soldiers to quell the Southern “insurrection.”
All of this began over the issue of Slavery.
• As we mentioned at the end of last week’s broadcast Some 20,000 convicted drug offenders in Massachusetts will likely have their cases thrown out because of a rogue state police chemist who brazenly fabricated evidence. We’re keeping you updated.
• Later we’ll listen to a video by a friend of ours by the name of David Kulma. David is running as the Green candidate for Congress in the special election on June 20th, 2017 for South Carolina’s congressional district 5. You should hear what he has to say about modern day slavery.
• In the news, Senators seek to reform justice system nationwide by launching National Criminal Justice Commission. They say the scope of the review is vast involving: “all areas of the criminal justice system,” We’ll add our voices and opinions.
• in the case known as Menocal v GEO Group the Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA) is being used in an anti-slavery lawsuit, the suit could also be used as a basic template for other litigation challenging incarcerated slave labor. This is the first time a private prison contractor has been sued for violating the TVPA. We’re watching and reporting.
• If time allows we want you to hear a chilling “message from the Lake County Sheriff’s Office Community Engagement Unit.” If you didn’t think we were in the twilight zone before you will now.
• Tonight, we begin a new segment called:
“For Freedoms Sake. A History Of rebellion.”
It begins with the Stono Rebellion. The catalyst that spawned the Negro Act of 1740.
• Our Rider of the 21st century underground railroad Roosevelt Glenn, who was convicted in a 1989 gang rape case and has been exonerated after serving 16 years in prison
• Our Abolitionist in profile this week will be provided by Scotty Reid.
Time is short and so are tempers so lets go.