The assaults on Critical Race Theory continue from conservatives practicing racism along with their non-white proxies they have doing some of the dirty work. While…
Today is the April 26th broadcast of New Abolitionists Radio. We are nearing the 100-day mark of a full white supremacist coup. On this day in history, the world’s worst nuclear power plant accident occurred at the Chernobyl nuclear power station in the Soviet Union. The literal translation of the word Chernobyl is Wormwood.
• Tonight, we’ll be joined by activists involved in tomorrow’s rally and march called “STOP THE RAIDS” in NY where authorities are using RICO charges to indiscriminately raid homes and round up people of color.
• On our list of potential stories to cover include a re-examination of Wisconsin’s human rights crisis as a world leader in of mass incarceration and institutional racism. It is necessary after Prosecutors say that Milwaukee County Jail officers cut off an inmate’s water for seven consecutive days before the man died of dehydration. #WisconsinIsFerguson
• Also, from the LA Times, we share a very important court infighting hearing where Judges say there is an “EPIDEMIC” of prosecutorial misconduct. Where prosecutors have presented false evidence but were never investigated or disciplined.
• We want to share the story of 5 foot 4, 18-year-old Graham Dyer who was left brain dead by a 2013 encounter with Mesquite police. The tapes have come out and the monstrous brutality these officers displayed is beyond belief. Until recently the tapes were kept secret.
• It’s official. The SCOTUS has weighed in and made a verdict.
Police can shoot you in the back and if they say it was necessary with no proof at all there is no need for a trial. In essence making a statement akin to papal infallibility. Police Ex Cathedra.
• In a study that should be titled “WHAT BLACK PEOPLE DONE ALREADY TOLD US” published in the American Journal of Public Health found that delinquent, non-Hispanic whites are more likely to abuse “hard drugs,” such as cocaine or opiates than their black counterparts.
After 12 years of research, they found that whites were more than 30 times likely to have the cocaine-use disorder, 50 times more likely to develop opiate-use disorder, and 18 times more likely have PCP-use disorder than blacks.
• In another study that should have the same title researchers determined that nearly 40 percent of the U.S. prison population – 576,000 people – are behind bars with no compelling public safety reason. This according to a new report from the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law.
• If time allows we’ll tell you about the sinister inhuman way prison officials are using women specific sanitary needs as bargaining chips in rapes, molestations, and abuses. These well-documented stories include Rose M. Singer Center on Rikers Island, where about 600 women usually are imprisoned and Alabama’s Julia Tutwiler Prison for Women.
We’ll also have our regular segments which include;
• The Abolitionist in Profile William Still (October 7, 1821 – July 14, 1902)
• Our Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad, Rodricus Crawford
• And our new segment, For Freedom’s Sake. A History of Rebellion. Remembering Gabriel’s Conspiracy of 1800