On this episode a good friend of the show Smoking Damages stops by to discuss some current events from an attempted counter racists perspective. We…
January 6th 2015. Our stories include…
• Emails Show That City Hall, Chicago Police Coordinated Response To shooting of Chicago teen Laquan McDonald by police officer Jason Van Dyke.
• The Ohio town of Arlington Heights has disbanded their entire police department following an investigation that showed funds from tickets issued by cops in the town’s notorious speed trap were being embezzled by city workers.
• Calling former North Charleston police officer Michael Slager a threat to the community, leaders of four groups called on Solicitor Scarlett Wilson to appeal his bail and demanded Police Chief Eddie Driggers be fired. Slager was released yesterday after providing $50,000 on a $500,000 cash bond. Standing front and center representing Charleston Black Lives Matter and the New Abolitionists was our brother Muhiyyidin D’baha
• Chicago city lawyer ‘intentionally hid evidence’ that two police officers did NOT suspect Darius Pinex of a crime before they shot him dead in 201.
We’re a little out of order and we had to postpone it last week, but tonight we drop the bomb in our America Is #Ferguson series. Ohio Is #Ferguson
• This week’s Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is George Junius Stinney Jr. Seventy years after South Carolina executed a 14-year-old boy so small he sat on a book in the electric chair, in December of 2014 a circuit court judge threw out his murder conviction.
• Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is Ottobah Cugoano (1757- after 1791): Cugoano was a formerly enslaved African who advocated freedom by any means necessary including the use of violence.
Expect all of that and more tonight on New Abolitionists Radio.
You can find archived podcasts at newabolitionistsradio.blogspot.com
We invite you to join the conversation by calling in and sharing your thoughts.
If you want truth and facts vs lies and fiction, support independent media.http://tinyurl.com/fundblackmedia