• Introduction: Tell us a little about yourself? (Upbringing, how did you first become interested in firearms, any relevant background info, etc.) • Expand on…
Today is the May 3rd broadcast of New Abolitionists Radio. It has been more than 100 days and nobody has managed to derail the insane trump train yet.
On this day in 1469, the Italian philosopher and writer Niccolo Machiavelli was born. Machiavelli became one of the fathers of modern political theory. ‘The Prince’ was first published as a pamphlet in 1513. In it, Machiavelli outlined his vision of an ideal leader: an amoral, calculating tyrant for whom the end justifies the means. Sound familiar?
• Tonight’s guests on New Abolitionists Radio are;
Malik Shabazz: New York Rican raised in the Nation of Islam. Former US Marine with experience in Grenada and Desert Storm. International Poet and Activist.
Nia Shabazz: Born and raised in NY. Mother of 5 adult children and 5 grandchildren. Retired with 18 years of law enforcement experience. 6 years with the Florida department of Corrections and 12 with the Seminole County Sheriffs office.
Together they are presently social activist and members of N’CObra as well as the Republic of new Afrika.
• Our list of potential stories to cover include hunger strikes by Alabama prisoners including members of the Free Alabama Movement and prisoners in the African nation of Ghana’s Kumasi prison. A facility built to house 600 that is currently caging over 6,000.
• In trumps America, the biggest winner was private prisons with stock values rising over 100 percent as the new administration throws hundreds of millions at them like rain. We’ll review the GEO Groups Quarterly earnings report from CEO George Zoley.
In stories of utter genocidal police madness
• A Balch Springs Police officer just outside of the city of Dallas fired into a car moving away from him with a rifle and fatally shot 15-year-old honor roll student Jordan Edwards in the head killing him.
• We are being told by sources that the police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Alton Sterling – in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, will NOT have charges brought against them by the DOJ.
• After the 1st trial ended in a hung jury former South Carolina police officer Michael Slager has now taken a plea bargain for a lesser offense protecting him from being charged with the murder of Walter Scott.
• if time allows we’ll tell you why the final hours of Elliott Williams’ life in a Tulsa Jail is being called “absolutely disturbing,”
• On top of all of that there’s about $697 million dollars’ worth of dirt going down with CORECIVIC in Kansas and across the pond, the European Union is pleading with US state Arkansas to stop killing people in bunches.
• Our Abolitionist in Profile will be provided by Scotty Reid.
• Our Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is Malcolm Jabbar Bryant who died March 8th of a stroke a few weeks shy of his 43rd birthday. This after having his charge finally vacated in May 2016 following 18 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.
• And our new segment, For Freedom’s Sake. A History of Rebellion. Remembers John Brown’s Raid on Harpers Ferry. October 16, 1859.