Welcome to BTR NEWS w/ Scotty Reid as I broadcast from behind the enemy lines of Corporate USA. We have a guest joining us tonight…
Today is the May 24th, 2017 broadcast of New Abolitionists Radio. Our last broadcast before we enter our 5th anniversary month here at the Black Talk Radio Network. We’ve accomplished great things with very few resources alongside many dedicated souls, and there is still much work left to do.
On this date in history. May 24th, 1861 General Benjamin Butler declares slaves to be the contraband of war. The stinking Lincoln administration quickly acquiesced to Butler’s policy and Congress gave it the force of law in early August through the Confiscation Act of 1861.
Our list of potential stories include:
• For the 5th year in a row the prison and security company G4S is listed as the largest private employer on the continent of Africa.
• Karl Oliver, a GOP state representative and Mississippi lawmaker declared publicly that Louisiana leaders who supported the recent removal of four Confederate monuments “should be LYNCHED!”
• The Mayor of New Orleans gave a impassioned speech on WHY those idols should be taken down.
• So far this year, 367 people have been fatally shot by police in America. This time last year, it was 366.
We hear very little about the cases as if a memo went out from mainstream media to ignore all such news reports.
• In a report that should be listed under #ThingsBlackPeopleDoneAlreadyToldYou Sheriff Tom Dart says Chicago’s Cook County Jail, with a population of about 7,500 and an estimated 70,000 men and women passing thru it’s jail cells each year, has become a dumping ground for the poor and mentally ill.
• Baltimore’s Corrupt Policing Destroyed Ivan Potts’ Life. We want to look at that a little deeper as his story perfectly accents our arguments that once an officer is found to be corrupt or guilty of crimes all their cases should be reviewed to see what innocents have suffered at their hands and deserves freedom and or justice.
• Steven from Django is in the news again. Erum I mean Milwaukee county Sherriff David Beauregard Clark. We’ll try and update you as to why.
• Our Abolitionist in Profile will be provided by Scotty T Reid.
• Our Rider of the 21st Century Underground Railroad is Shaurn Thomas who was released yesterday after serving 24 years in prison for a crime he did not commit.
• And in our new segment, For Freedom’s Sake. A History of Rebellion. We will be remembering The Haitian Revolution of 1791.
Have a question or comment?
You can call in Toll-Free USA: 1-866-510-9025
You can chat with us and others by logging in at uberconference.com/blacktalkradionetwork