In the last two weeks broadcasts respectively, we connected the dots between immigration policies and for-profit prison giants CoreCivic & GEO. Then last week we broke down the infamous GEO Group from its dark beginnings by a white supremacist FBI agent/domestic spy to its global impact today as one of the largest global prison profiteers on earth.
Today we follow the money straight to the government officials who are personally invested in for-profit prisons.
If lawmakers get rich writing laws friendly to corporate prisons in which they are personally invested, that is a conflict of interests of the highest order. It’s an industry built on slavery and genocide.
You can listen to our extensive archives here:
On and near this day in history.
• On July 18th in the year 64 AD Nero’s Rome burned. Proving that in addition to being unable to defeat the Parthians, fire kicked Nero’s ass too. So much for that white man’s god complex.
• On July 22, 1862. Abraham Lincoln read the 1st draft of the emancipation proclamation to his cabinet. A far different document than what was read in September of that year. We’ll read it aloud tonight on air, and it will likely be the 1st time anyone ever has.
• And finally, on July 18th, 1925. Seven months after being released from Landsberg jail, The genocidal dictator and Nazi leader Adolf Hitler published the first volume of his personal manifesto, Mein Kampf. Dictated by Hitler during his nine-month stay in prison. I’m sure there are Nazi celebrations going on in the US and worldwide right now.
Direct action news,
• A NATIONWIDE prison slave labor work strike is being called for on August 21st through September 9th. If you know someone inside, tell them what’s going on. If you want to help from the outside contact organizers at email@example.com
• The RIGHT 2 VOTE CAMPAIGN
Needs your support. It is a nationwide campaign being initiated by people currently confined in the United States. This campaign grew out of the August 21 National Prison Strike Demands, specifically, point #10: The voting rights of all confined citizens serving prison sentences, pretrial detainees, and so-called “ex-felons” must be counted. Representation is demanded.
• Our Abolitionist in profile tonight is Owen Brown (February 16, 1771 – May 8, 1856), Father of Abolitionist John Brown.
• Our Rider of the 21st-century Underground Railroad today is Baltimore’s, Jerome Johnson. Falsely convicted in a 1998 murder of Aaron Taylor, Johnson was finally exonerated on July 2nd, 2018 and set free.
As always we have a little time and a lot of information.
Be sure to follow the information we provide on our FB page at New Abolitionists Radio so you can see it in real time as we talk about the stories.
Also, remember to support our efforts by joining us as a member at www.community.blacktalkrad