Welcome to BTR NEWS w/ Scotty Reid as I broadcast from behind the enemy lines of Corporate USA. We have a guest joining us tonight…
Today is the April 11th, 2018 broadcast of New Abolitionists Radio in our 6th season. National Poetry Month. Tune in at 8 pm est at http://
On this day in history.
• In 1881, Spelman College, an institution sponsored by John D. Rockefeller’s family, opened for Negro women in Atlanta, Georgia. It became the “Radcliffe and the Sarah Lawrence of Negro education.”
• 1865 President Lincoln recommended suffrage for Black veterans and Blacks.
• And on April 12th of 1862, the Civil War began at Fort Sumter, Charleston SC 1861. It would eventually birth the largest organized armed rebellion of enslaved Africans in US history.
• Our guest tonight is Dr. Mustafa Ansari.
He is the Founder of the American Institute of Human Rights. He is also an International Law Professor, a Political Science, Professor, and a Criminal Justice Professor, with 37 years of accomplishments in Legal education, and personnel management.
• He is the author of Afro-Descendants in the United States-Pending Publication
• Afro-Descendant Confederation, Legal, Political and Economic Considerations: A New Political Design
• Afro-Descendant Human Rights The Framework for Self-Determination.
Dr. Mustafa Ansari. Has made multiple radio and TV appearances, including Press TV Iran. Tonight, he’s on New Abolitionists radio.
• During the slavecatcher chronicles, we have received a video of KCSO SHERIFF DONNY YOUNGBLOOD. The sheriff of a California county with an outsized number of police shootings once said that it was “better financially” to kill suspects than wound them. We’ll let you hear it yourself.
• Then another video has been produced by CBS4 news where a test study was done across more than a dozen police stations in California. It’s correctly titled “PROOF Police Departments are CORRUPT“.
We’ll listen to some of it and break it down.
• I have a number of young men and women I’ve mentored for years. This week, the sister of my brother and mentee Henry F Henderson, “Nia-Malika Henderson” who is a senior political reporter for CNN, produced a viral video interview on the new lynching memorial which rewrites American history.
• The San Francisco Bay View Newspaper has issued a Juneteenth Call To Action from Keith ‘Malik’ Washington to all slavery abolitionists and anti-slavery activists nationwide.
• In a clear violation of the 6th amendment, sheriffs say
1,300 people have been held for 4 years in Louisiana jails without a trial. We submit to you that it isn’t just Louisiana.
• Attorneys gave closing arguments on April 9th in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, concluding a five-week trial in Dockery, et al. v. Hall, et al., a class-action lawsuit over conditions at the East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian, Mississippi which have been described as inhumane and unconstitutional. Or as we like to say in Wakanda. Crimes Against Humanity.
• Given time, we want to cover the unfolding story of Devonte Hart, his five siblings who were murdered, and then the Black Parkland Students who say they are hurt that the white students went all the way to Chicago to talk to black students there, when they were at the same school and no one asked them anything. We also want to tell you about Jamal Trulove who just won a 10 million dollar suit against 4 SF police officers who framed him in a 2007 killing at the city’s Sunnydale public housing complex. If you don’t hear it tonight grab the information from our FB page New Abolitionists radio or support our efforts by joining the BTR community and finding the links on our Abolitionists Planning Page.
• Our abolitionist in profile tonight is AARON, Samuel, 1800-1865, Morristown, NJ, educator, clergyman, temperance activist, abolitionist.
• Our Rider of the 21st-century Underground Railroad is Cleveland’s Ruel Sailor who recently walked out of prison, 15 years after he walked in. There’s a twist to the story and we’ll tell you what it is tonight.
• As usual, we’ll dissect and disseminate current news and events related to 13TH amendment slavery from the perspectives of slavery abolitionists. So, let’s get started.